Saturday, February 11, 2012

Clinton







Today was the shortest walk so far, I drove here intending to use a taxi for a point to point walk but got delayed and fatigued by an AM ortho visit. I was hoping to walk end of last walk, corner of Shore Rd and Beach Park Rd. and walk to the Madison green. But time was short and this taxi was delayed so I just parked at Clinton town beach and walked back and forth.

It was an unusually warm day for February but an ever so slight breeze from the water did not make it seem the the temperature it was.

This leg was notable for two things, one, it was perhaps the most scenic along this part of the shore and unlike other parts where one is walled off from even viewing the shore most of the time here we walked right along Long Island sound for ever so short a time and on a surface other than pavement! Two, I wasn't sure if I could even go this was way. It looked good on the map but I have learned that what looks good on a map down here is not true in reality.

But to my surprise, this little path bordered by Spartina had no signs at all. It was short and sweet.

After an uneventful in and out we returned to the car. I entertained thought of walking farther west to downtown Clinton, but wasn't ready for it plus I didn't want to stress the knee, the recipient of a needle aspiration that morning.
+++++
Distance- (gmaps) 2.32
Time about an hour
Gas 3.75

No comments: